Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Personal Thanksgiving

Dear Friends in the Presbyterian Church, (U.S.A.),

I am deeply moved by your expressions of love and sympathy in the recent death of my mother, Martha, on January 14th. Many pastors, sessions, and presbytery and denominational leaders, have expressed their prayerful care and concern. The cards, emails, visits, and calls have been an exceedingly buoyant and needed gift to my family and to Melissa and me. Thank you.

Loving and steadfastly supportive, my mom's gentle, self-effacing demeanor made the entire family feel accepted and special. Because of my mom, our family enjoyed many blessings. She was in great health for 88 years until just after Thanksgiving when her condition rapidly deteriorated. Her, and our, confidence in the resurrection of Jesus Christ is a comfort of consolation. She will be always celebrated and fondly remembered.

Feeling your support and love has made the grief of loss much lighter to bear. I m grateful for you.

Grace and peace be yours in abundance.

Sincerely,
Kevin

No comments: